Policy on Communication & Collaboration Services
The communication and collaboration services that the University provides include messaging applications such as email and text/audio/video chat and collaboration apps such as calendar/document/site authoring and sharing and social media services.
The services are intended to aid the academic community in its day-to-day teaching and administrative work, to foster the best interest in its academic and research undertakings, and to promote academic serenity.
Users of UA&P's online services agree not to:
- Upload, post, mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content or material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, offensive, or invasive of another's privacy or religious belief; hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with a person or entity;
- Use the University's communication facility to project one's personal views or opinions as being the institutional view(s), holdings, or positions of UA&P;
- Broadcast, forward, or transmit communications in the form of a wide-scale communication that is unsolicited or has not been subjected for review by the Corporate Communications Office or the ICT;
- Collect or store personal data about other internal users (e.g., email addresses) in connection with the aforementioned prohibited conduct and activities
Penalties for violation of policies. The violation of the ICT policies may result in penalties ranging from suspension of the user’s account to outright termination, depending on the severity of the violation and its consequences for the university, its network, and other users [cf. UA&P Code of Discipline and UA&P Student Handbook]